Monday, April 20, 2009

The Night Before...


































































Today was the last day of just the four of us. Tomorrow we add our newest munchkin to the crew. The night before I have a new baby I always feel a little sad - like I'm taking something away from Nick before I had Zach, and now both of the boys this time around. It's ridiculous, I know. So I tried to make today special for them by spoiling them every chance I had. I spared nothing today! We had a really fun day full of play and hopefully special memories for them.


One thing I really wanted to do this time was find a way that really included them in the process of adding to our family. It was really important for me to think of something that made meeting a new brother or sister exciting, special, and focused on them. So I thought I would give them "happy big brother" gifts. They opened them today and they received the Fisher Price tough cameras (the ones that claim to be virtually indestructable - I guarantee that will be put to the test in our household). They loved them! I thought it would be exciting for them to come in to meet their newest sibling and able to snap any and all pictures they wanted. What a great way to capture the moment, and the moments to come, through their eyes. Then when things settle down a bit (haha) I want to get them their own small digital photo album that they could keep. So, we had them practice a bit with the cameras this afternoon. I thought it would be fun to show you all a small sample of what they deemed picture worthy moments. They had a blast! Nick was thrilled beyond words to have his very own camera and to snap any pictures he wanted.


So, I think we're finally prepared to bring home this new baby. Wish us luck! Heaven knows we'll need it!

1 comment:

  1. I love love LOVE that!!! Those pictures are too much.

    ReplyDelete